Modern Botanical Leafy Classroom Decor Theme and How to Use it!

 


            Wondering how to make your classroom fabulous this year but also calming for the kids?  This modern botanical leafy classroom decor bundle checks off all these boxes!  This is the decor I have in my own personal classroom and it truly has had a lasting and positive effect on my students. It calms them and makes them feel tranquil in my classroom so they can keep their focus on me and my lesson. It also keeps me organized because it offers several classroom management aspects. In this post, I will go through each product in the bundle and explain how to use them!

See the full bundle for yourself by clicking the image below!

            The rest of this article will consist of each product included in the bundle and how each product can be used in your classroom.

Alphabet Posters

 



            This bundle comes with THREE different alphabet posters.  This is because I received special requests for certain fonts and decided that the versatility would be useful for various teachers and their styles.  The alphabet is something I feel is important to have up somewhere on the walls of my classroom no matter what age I am teaching.  Younger kids can use it to familiarize and brush up on letter names and sounds, while older students have it for alphabetical order and formation of cursive letters.  

Affirmation Station



            The affirmation station is quite an obvious choice considering the students and the mindsets in this day and age!  The poor babies are exposed to so much hate and such high expectations!  Did you know that little girls as young as three years old feel self conscious about their bodies?  The affirmation station can build self-esteem and confidence in the classroom because it reminds students each DAY when they look at themselves that there are so many things about them to love!

Behavior Chart


            The behavior chart is a lifesaver in my classroom!! I laminated the sheets in front of colored construction paper so the students can easily see how they are doing that day.  It definitely helps me with classroom management, especially when I start clipping students UP and the others want to be clipped up too!  The way mine works is simple.  Green is where everyone starts, from there you go up to blue.  Land on blue, you get one class dollar.  Then there is purple which gets them five class dollars.  Below green is yellow and red.  Yellow is five minutes off recess and red is ten minutes off.  Obviously you will use this product as how you see fit and based on what your school allows!

Birthday Posters



            The birthday posters are a class favorite!  The students love to see their names and birthdays displayed and they love being able to keep track of who is next and coming up.  I print the students names and birthdays on the small blank box and tape them on the wall underneath the corresponding month.  I then put the "Class Birthdays!" banner along the top of all of the months.  This one is simple, easy, and adorable.  If you didn't feel like editing the product, you can always print the squares and handwrite the names and birthdays!

Jobs



            The class jobs are another class favorite in my room.  I print these on special laminating sheets that are dry erasable and every week we switch jobs.  Having the dry erase laminating sheets makes it super easy to just wipe away one name and write another with little to no residue.

Meet the Teacher


            The meet the teacher pages are a TPT best seller from my page!  These adorable templates have various designs for you to choose from and are a great way for your students and parents to get to know you for the first day of school!  I type on the very first template and print twenty or so copies to put on each student desk (along with the huge stack of papers from the office).  This allows my new students to familiarize themselves with me.  I put some of my favorite things on there and some of them remembered until the end of the year which is heart warming :) I use them at Meet and Greet but they can also be used at Open House for your new parents or parents you haven't yet met or got to know.

Name Tags



            The name tags are great and simple to just type on, write on, and laminate!  I teach third grade, so I normally write my students' names in cursive on their name tags so they can practice themselves during cursive time!  Cursive time is of course at the end of the year after all of the state testing.

Number Posters



            The number posters are a no-brainer.  Just print, laminate, hang!  I no longer have these up in my own room because my students are a little older, but I envision them in a lovely primary classroom or even a center.  The ideas are endless.  Students can practice number order, make fractions with them, determine which is greater than or less than, the list goes on.  I personally love the idea of using these big 8.5x11 number posters in centers because they can make students a little more hands on rather than just writing things in their notebooks all day.

Schedule



            The schedule cards are so necessary in my eyes!  Some students HAVE to know what they will be doing, how long they will be doing it, how the long the next activity will be, how much more they need to do until recess, etc.  My students eyes are GLUED on my schedule in the front of my room.  I just have the times handwritten above each item.  There are also extra sheets for personalized entries in your schedule such as prayer time or circle time.

Sub Binder



        My sub binder is a legitimate LIFESAVER!  It directs my sub through everything he or she needs to survive a day as me.  It has every little detail about what to do in an emergency, what our procedures are, how hall duty works, and even helpful students they can rely on if anything goes wrong.  It is quite literally a handbook for the class.  I keep it in a sub tub with emergency plans and I tell two or three reliable students where they can find it if I ever do truly have an emergency (which has happened).

Rewards



            The rewards are basically my entire classroom management model.   I use the behavior chart to give students money every day, and at the end of the week they can buy the rewards they want/ can afford!  My rewards are definitely easy because they are thing I do not have to go out and physically buy, such as drawing on the dry erase board.  I have the jobs and prices on a sheet for you but I also have blank sheets for you to create your own rewards that fit the needs of your specific classroom!

Word Wall Letters



            My word wall was a big hit in my classroom when I received walkthroughs.  It is as simple as putting up the title "Word Wall" and arranging the letters evenly.  Then put your vocabulary words under each corresponding letter.  I have two word wall sets on my store.  Vowels have different colors and those colors are inverted with each different product.  

Quote



            The quote is a little dollar item that I have framed in my room!  It's just a little something to stay positive and encourage my students to be kind and to value one another.



I hope you find this bundle as useful in your classroom as I do in mine.  If there is any issues please feel free to reach out via TPT so I can get back to you and do my very best to assist you!  Many blessings and have a WONDERFUL school year!

~Kelly :) 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Ways to Make Your Classroom Student Centered with Boho Neutral Classroom Decor

How to Use Cute Ocean Themed Under the Sea Classroom Decor